General Summary of Duties: Responsible for the supervision and oversight of sub-practice clinic operations. Responsible for the enforcement of policies and procedures. Responsible for revenue cycle tasks as they relate to the office.
- Oversees daily office operations. Identifies and resolves operational problems.
- Supervises assigned personnel. Reconciles employee time sheets and leave records and communicates with Administration.
- Assists with hiring and training of assigned staff.
- Participates in professional development efforts.
- Performs Medical Assistant duties both Front and Back Office.
- Closes and/or oversees closing of Cash Drawer daily and communicates with Administration.
- Ensures correct insurance, authorizations and referrals as needed.
- Monitors various dashboards and reports to ensure optimal sub-practice performance.
- Maintains physician schedules, hospital call schedules.
- Maintains dialysis units and progress notes; dialysis patients and insurances
- Manages entire process of the inpatient hospital patients list
- Referrals received and input into the system
- No-show and lab fees are entered
- Enter hospital demographics
- Orders supplies as needed while maintaining a budget.
- Maintains all office related work queues.
- Manages the Lost To Follow Up list
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Understands HIPAA and OSHA and ensures compliance.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, co-workers, internal departments, outside vendors and third parties.
- Performs other related duties as directed or required.
- Bachelors degree in a health related field and Medical Assistant Certification with phlebotomy preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year medical office management, including billing and collections experience preferred.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to communicate in written format.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of Commercial payors, Managed care, Medicare, Medicaid guidelines and any other plans or products.
- Skill in effective personnel management including training staff and delegating duties.
- Skill in trouble-shooting insurance problems and appealing claims.
- Skill in maximizing insurance collections.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to identify claims problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to interpret and understand insurance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- The position is in the Chevy Chase, NE DC and Landover areas
- 08:00 a.m. - 04:30 p.m.
- May change according to needs
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.