Seeking a caregiver in Greenwich CT for a very ill young woman, who is bed bound with ME/CFS. (To learn more about the disease, links are listed below.) The patient is unable to perform normal daily functions like going to the bathroom, eating, communicating with doctors and friends on the phone, and turning herself in bed, so much of your job will consist of helping her with these tasks.
Pay starts at $40/ hr after training
This job is perfect for a college graduate who ultimately wants to become a physician assistant or medical doctor but is seeking a gap year opportunity to help pay off student debt or study for higher education exams. This job provides you the opportunity to build meaningful relationships, ability to save money with generous pay and the satisfaction of helping someone severely in need. The successful candidate will be patient, kind, understanding, and a quick learner.
Location: Greenwich, CT, just a 15 minute drive to Stamford, CT, and a 45 minute train ride from NYC
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist the patient with turning and repositioning body in bed
- Daily medication administration and feeding
- Help the patient with texting, calling, emailing doctors and friends to maintain relationships
- Assist the patient with going to the bathroom using a bedpan
- Starting and stopping IV fluids
- Assisting nurses, doctors, massaging feet to help with circulation and blood flow, assistance with shower
Valid driver’s license, and drive your own vehicle
Vaccinated for COVID-19
- You're a college graduate interested in pursuing a career in healthcare
- Motivated, energetic, and hardworking
- Easily adaptable to new environments
- Physically able to frequently reposition the patient in bed
- Even tempered, and tolerant
- Consistent and reliable
- Inquisitive mind and desire to learn
- Keeps small circle
Schedule: 3 rotating shifts per 24 hours. Full-time work is from 33 - 55 hours/week
- 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- 3 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- Training period will last 4 weeks. During this time period, pay is $25/hour (Training is 40 hours/week)
- Once training is complete, pay will begin at $40/hour (Guaranteed 33 hours/Week)
- $5 increase to hourly wage every 3 months
*Note: Training period could go faster or slower depending on how quickly you learn
About ME/CFS: Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, an illness also known by the disparaging name of ‘Chronic Fatigue Syndrome’, is a complex neuroimmune disease affecting mainly the central nervous system, the metabolic system, and the immune system. People with ME/CFS can be bed bound for months, years, or even an entire lifetime, given there are currently no approved treatments for the disease. ME/CFS is without a doubt a current and emerging issue in medicine -- The Center for Disease Control went so far as to call it a “hidden health crisis” in 2017. More information can be found in the links below.