Why this is a great opportunity for pre-health grads:
- Work directly with a small, dedicated team of providers delivering patient care
- Perform preliminary physical tests, such as taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Participate in educational opportunities
- No Medical Assistant Certification Required
Medical Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery
- Assist with office procedures
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; and preparing charts and pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in specific medical field preferred
Hours and Benefits:
- Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- $15.00 /hr
Full Time (M-F)
No Weekend Hours
No - the position is at a single location