Experience: One to two years of experience in a clinical setting including direct contact with patients. Must be able to accurately utilize word-processing software, as well as possess a working knowledge of medical terminology. Computer skill proficiency in EHR, Microsoft word, Outlook and TEAMS. Hematology Oncology and/or Surgical experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
· Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room.
· Verifies patient information by intaking patient; reviewing and recording medical history; taking and recording vital signs.
· Document medical information using approved medical terminology in the EHR system.
· Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
· Maintains patient’s confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
· Ability to identify abnormal patient values and report to provider.
· Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers preparing Bone Marrow Specimens, laboratory specimens, disposing of contaminated supplies.
· Obtain prior authorizations for genetic testing, medications.
· Must be able to work closely with Prior Authorization team to ensure prior authorization are obtained for outpatient imaging and drug infusions.
· Triage phone calls appropriately.
· Ability to perform Peripheral phlebotomy as needed.
· Preparing patient records before each visit, such as obtaining last laboratory results, imaging results and referral notes.
· Additional duties as assigned by the Manger to meet department needs.