The Village Pediatric & Wellness Center is seeking applications for full-time or part-time Clinical Interns / Medical Assistants. We serve a multicultural and diverse community of patients from Maryland & Washington, D.C., with ages ranging from newborns to 23 years old. This is an excellent opportunity for students who have completed a Bachelor's Degree and looking to gain clinical experience before medical school.
Our medical assistants and clinical interns work collaboratively to provide compassionate care to patients and their families. Responsibilities include both clinical and administrative duties, including:
- Communicate empathically with patients from multicultural and multi-ethnic backgrounds
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support the providers (Triage, In-house testing, Vaccination, and Treatment)
- Evaluate and summarize the results of laboratory tests for the provider
- Score mental health questionnaires and interpret findings
- Optimize the flow and efficiency of the clinic
- Handle all administrative duties, including scheduling patients and interacting with external specialists
This position provides a valuable opportunity for candidates taking a gap year before medical school. We require a one-year commitment, with either a Summer/Fall 2023 start date.
- A Bachelor of Science / Arts is required, preferably with a background in biology, psychology, or other health science (Applicants without a Bachelor's Degree will not be considered)
- Prior experience in a clinical setting is highly desired
- Strong organizational, collaborative, and time management skills
- Bilingual in Spanish & English is strongly preferred
- $16-18/hr based on experience.
- Flexible Schedule, 40 hrs for Full-time
- 401k matched
- Sick leave