Medical Assistant II
Milford Primary Care
STATUS: Full Time 80 Hours
Perform back-office duties under the direction of a physician or APC to assist in the examination and treatment of patients. Responsibilities include obtaining patient history, vital signs, and assisting in performing simple office procedures as trained. May also perform front-office duties necessary for the efficient day-to-day operation of an outpatient physician office practice. Mentor and train staff in the Medical Assistant I position
1. Obtains patient history and measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height. Records information as appropriate in Epic. Documents chief complaints and all actions taken. Alerts the physician/APC of problems, concerns and/or abnormalities.
2. Set up exam/procedure rooms, including instruments for minor procedures. Clean and sterilize instruments, equipment and clinical areas following defined procedures and protocols.
3. Assist the physician/APC with simple patient procedures. Act as chaperone for all female patients as needed.
4. Maintain patient record, treat as a legal document requiring proper documentation and strict confidentiality. Manages/maintains Joint Commission and CLIA requirements for in-office logs.
5. Greet patients and families upon arrival and initiate all proper forms for the medical and financial record, obtaining the patient and/or responsible party’s signature as necessary.
6. Perform patient registration, obtaining insurance authorizations, following current insurance authorization procedures.
7. Schedules new and follow up patient appointments. Schedule referrals to other providers as needed.
8. Maintain efficient patient flow.
9. All other duties as assigned within the scope and range of job responsibilities
Required Education, Credential(s) and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Credential: Basic Life Support
- Experience: 18 months of experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
- Or 1-year experience if completed accredited medical assistant program, certified nursing assistant program,
- Or completion of Bayhealth's Internship MA Training Program.
Preferred Education, Credential(s) and Experience:
- Education: Certificate Program Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant
- Credential: Certified Medical Assistant
- Experience: 2 years’ experience in a clinical setting to include obtaining patient history, vital signs and simple office flow.
To view a full list of all open position at Bayhealth, please visit: