OB/GYN Medical Assistant
FemmPro OB/GYN is seeking a highly motivated individual who can keep up in a high paced environment.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Greets patient in waiting room and escorts to exam room
- Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight and temperature; report patient history summary
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Uses recognized and accurate medical terminology and abbreviations for all documentation
- Assists with intake process in the following areas as determined by departmental needs
- Collects, labels, and sends specimens with appropriate laboratory slips and or requisitions.
- Under direction of the licensed physician maintains competence of tasks and performs tasks in relation to a variety of technical skills
- Assists physicians with various minor procedures limited to set up and breakdown of simple sterile procedure. Draping and prepping patient under the direction of the licensed physician.
- Performs initial cleaning/decontamination of equipment/materials and instruments.
- Checks inventories, and restocks, replaces, assembles patient equipment and supplies.
- Restocks, replaces assembles patient equipment and supplies ordered by Medical Assistant Supervisor and/or designee. Responsible for alerting supervisor and manager of broken, or otherwise non-functional supplies or equipment. Prepares supply order form
- Understand, respect and demonstrate patient confidentiality in all endeavors Performs other duties as needed.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
Associate Degree preferred.
2+ years OB/GYN MA experience preferred.
Medical Assistant certification preferred but willing to train and invest in a strong and motivated candidate.
Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner
Advanced proficiency in computer use
Ability to commute to both Massapequa and Garden City, Long Island offices
Able to work weekdays 2pm-8pm shifts and Saturday 8am-2pm.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy, and 401k Plan with 3% Non-Elective Contribution PLUS Discretionary Profit-Sharing